Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Its been a long week

Goodness gracious me....

its been a long week. I used to think AIESEC was tiring... its no where as tiring as my work. Those who say the army is slack should come and try doing a staff role. A lot of writing, proj management and organising.

Granted that I'm new, and I probably am slower than what I should be. I think I need to increase my capacity and efficiency of doing work. After much thought, I think one of the main reasons I am so slow is because I dont get a clear picture of what I need to do in the first place. Not sure why I'm so shy to ask questions to clarify my work, might be me havent yet getting over the rank thing- as a NSF in the past, I get all trippy when I see a senior ranking officer.

Newayz, its been tiring balancing work, family, my boy and all. Welcome to adulthood. Its really kinda stressful cos one has to deal with the issues at work and then there are errands and other things you have to deal with at home. Right now, we just bought ourselves a nice little Nissa Latio,second hand. Costed us $48,000. Graciously, both our parents have volunteered to pay for it so that we don't incur the interest. Of course we'll have to pay them back, but I am grateful of this blessing from them. I prob wun have gotten this car if not for work where I have to travel from place to place throughout the day. Newayz, it is so much easier to bring Lil J out when we drive. I am excited about getting the car, thank God for this blessing.

Now we have to look for a suitable home to call our own. Only issue is the property market is kinda on the upswing, which is weird considering we're just coming out of a recession. It goes to show that asians are rather conservetive spending cash rich ppl who buy things are cheap. Unfortunately, Syl and I are not cash rich, as such we cant really afford the cash over valuation of the re-sale homes and the new developments take too long to complete. So our current strategy is to apply for balance flats whenever there is a sale of them and look for our ideal resale home. We needd to pray about it.

Cheers

No comments: